Designers (UX/UI) wanted
We are looking for Visual Designers with strong digital UX/UI focus that can join our multidisciplinary design team in Stockholm.
In the merge of the physical and digital world, this role will be central in some of our most interesting projects, where we blend brand experience and digital user experience. We believe in iterative exploration, through experience prototyping to verify the precision of the design solutions.
Working together as part of the SDL team, you will add value to the design of visual experiences in various brand and digital touch points, ranging from startups and art institutions to global tech giants and innovation labs in China. The visual designers work together with our team of designers and strategists in exploring and creating the experiences of tomorrow.
We want you to be:
– Open-minded and curious.
– Empathy for real people and needs, as a source to brand solutions of tomorrow.
– Have a proactive approach with a problem solving mindset.
– Passionate about collaboration and not afraid to go outside of your comfort zone or discipline, in order to support design solutions.
– Comfortable in utilising design processes to meet and explore the project goals.
– Live and breath design, art and culture with an interest in the evolution of digital experience, moving image and animation.
– Humble enough to take direction, brave to offer critical feedback.
– A personality that enhances the dynamics of the team spirit.
You will have:
– 6+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer/Graphic Designer, mainly focusing on digital design.
– Experience in digital methodologies and design processes, from concept to wireframing and prototyping through to integration of final design.
– Experience and knowledge in working with digital desktop/app/mobile standards and principles.
– Excellence in aesthetics, with an eye for detail through final execution and pixel perfect delivery.
– Branding and identity development, from conceptual development to final delivery in a variety of touch points.
– Knowledge about advancements within and around the field of visual design, brand expression and digital UX/UI.
– A portfolio that showcases not only quality of your work, but also highlights a user centric design approach.
– The ability and experience to deliver projects that meet the needs of the client, project scope, budget and timeline.
– The ability to explore visual design and user experience through narrative, prototypes, UX-videos and or/other mediums.
– Ability to speak for yourself and your work within the group, team and with clients when needed.
– An interest in coding and the development of interaction design, HTML, CSS, processing etc is also advantageous.
– An interest in motion design and animation.
– Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
– Sketch, Adobe XD or similar
– Wireframing and information architecture experience
– Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D or similar (advantageous)
If this sounds like a position for you, show your interest and portfolio by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
22 September, 2017
Designers (UX/UI) wanted
We are currently looking for Designers with strong digital UX/UI focus who want to join our multidisciplinary design team in Stockholm.
22 September, 2017
Senior Designer wanted
We are currently looking for a Senior Designer who wants to join our multidisciplinary design team in Stockholm.
28 August, 2017
SDL featured in Novum
We got featured in the September issue of Novum magazine.
12 May, 2017
New work for Universal Music. Ted Gärdestad, Signerat Peter Nordahl.
We have had the pleasure visualising the remastering of TED GÄRDESTAD, one of Swedens most acclaimed recording artists. The music is recomposed by Norrköpings symphony orchestra and conducted by Peter Nordahl.
10 May, 2017
Silver Egg for Market Art Fair
Our work for Market Art Fair was awarded a Silver Egg at the annual Golden Egg awards hosted by the Swedish Association of Communication Agencies. The competition was first arranged in 1961 and is today Sweden’s oldest, largest and most prestigious award for the communication industry.
25 April, 2017
The 12th edition of Market Art Fair. A success.
Congratulations to our client Market Art Fair on another successful edition. The 12th of Market Art Fair opened to the public on Friday 24 March at Färgfabriken in Stockholm. Represented at the fair were 31 of the most prominent galleries from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. With the results in hand we are happy to conclude that this edition of Market Art Fair appears to have been one of the most successful yet. With an overall record number of visitors as well as record sales for many of the participating galleries.
2 March, 2017
Dennis Friberg joins the Lab
Dennis Friberg joins Stockholm Design Lab as a Junior Project Manager. Dennis comes with a large passion for Design with a capital D and enjoys being the spider in the web – keeping tabs on projects as well as the latest trends.